Saturday 2 January 2010

Uncomfortably Sentient, by Floyd Pink - Baclofen, Curing Our Alcoholism

A Happy New Year to you all, my friends.

Well, what a few days, and apparently I don't even know that much of what has gone on with MWO, and I don't intend to find out. Although, I am not as daft as I look, and much more astute than I appear. If they could all just see through their petty prejudices and silly little internal factions, they would see that I mean you no harm, and come in peace!! I'm not the alien that some of them imagine me to be.

2010 WILL be our year, my friends. This web site is going to change a little over the next week or so. Maybe even a couple of months. For the better, I hope. You see, I believe in it. I hope that the site will really become what you lot out there might want and need it to be. It would be quicker if you would let me know what you want it to provide for you. Maybe none of us really know what we want until somebody else serves it for us.

Maybe that's right. Hadn't thought of it like that until I wrote it just then.

Comfortably Numb is in my top 10 favourite tracks, with one of the very best guitar solos ever written (I think based upon a B-flat pentatonic scale, but don't hold me to that. That's how I try to play along anyway).

This New Year, sober and with Baclofen to keep me from drowning in a vat of the finest malt whisky, I'm beginning to feel ever so slightly Uncomfortably Sentient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnapx502uQ

Leave that thought with me. I need to think about it.

Please take 9 or so minutes to watch and listen to Mr David Gilmour at his very finest, and write me a reply. Has sobriety opened your eyes to anything that you didn't quite expect? Was it a good thing? Or were you better off drunk?

I'm much better off sober. But I'm beginning to really understand again why I drank in the first place.

Interesting. I'm really happy, and getting healthier. But boy, am I thinking a lot.

Please join in that thread. Some of you will have much to add to that, I am sure.

Pip xx

4 comments:

  1. Well I havent gotten to the sober part yet. I have already had one hangover this year and its a beauty. Not one to do things by halves. lol.

    I am starting to see why I drink too, but there seem to be many facets to this monster for me, still have to work on the hidden ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trix
    Don't worry. It will be OK.

    Big breaths, my friend. Big Breaths. And never stop thinking.

    We suffer from a hypersensitivity to alcohol. We are sufferers of alcohol hypersensitivity. It's just a disease that can be treated. You just have to keep thinking.

    Many of us have several facets. That's why we can often be very cultured, creative, intellectual, witty, funny, entertaining. Along with very tortured, very angry, very unpleasant, very borish, and very violent.

    I believe you to be one of us. We have to think our own way out. But like any serious quiz, it's better to be on a good team.

    And, I believe, you are.

    But I am not captain. I don't need the glory, the plaudits nor the limelight. I'm just a minor coach, lurking expectantly somewhere in the murky background. With his fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice song, Trix, I hope and pray this works for u as well as it does for me! Keep titrating up as u can handle it, you eventually will be indifferent to al, my gf gave me a tall miller lite on new years eve! She knows that is what I drank, well to be polite I held it, took maybe 2 sips......in a course of 4 hours, then went and dumped it out in the bushes, that would have NEVER happened without the bac, good luck sweetie, keep us posted& email me any time!!! Lots of loveXO. MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all,
    It seems like there are just a few of us here. I continue to titrate up, but it seems that the last few days I am drinking a bit more. Like 3 glasses of wine instead of none or one. I don't feel an urge, but just don't feel like I don't want it like I have for the past few weeks. Don't know what is going on. Still not getting drunk which is good. Hopefully I will get back to where I don't want any wine at all.
    NC

    ReplyDelete