Wednesday 6 January 2010

Are You Too Young To Die, Too? - Baclofen - Curing Our Alcoholism

This TFTD is based around one of my favourite songs by Jethro Tull. I’ve no idea how many of you have heard of them, but they happen to be one of the most successful rock bands of all time. Believe it or not, they have consistently been in the top echelons of rock music (particularly live shows and tours) for 40 years. Their eclectic mix of folk and rock is unbelievably popular all around the world. They have been so successful that their leader (Ian Anderson) owns tens of thousands of acres of Scotland, with national parks, deer parks and salmon fisheries. The lot. I jest not. He is very much Lord of the Manor.

“Too Old To Rock n’ Roll, Too Young To Die” currently holds a special place in my heart. For obvious reasons!! Please watch the video. Ian Anderson has toned down his histrionics considerably, and is a very clever songwriter. He ends with the sentiment that “you’re never too old to rock n’ roll, but you are too young to die”. Amen to that, Mr Anderson.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf80lMKYan8

The “positive” result from my liver scan (it wasn’t great, but it could’ve been so much worse) has given me a new lease of life. My enthusiasm for what’s left of my life has been totally rekindled. Everyday, I get a lot of private e-mails from people looking for help or direction. Or just a friendly voice. I find myself wholly up for the task again.

The last “Tip” message to me on MWO asked me “did (my) dog regularly eat my homework when I was at school?” I was so tempted to say “Of course not, that’s why I hold degrees in medicine and law. Why do you ask, did your mongrel Pit Bull have to help you with yours, Tip?”

But I didn’t. Now, that is a step forward! Ha!!

I’ve just got much more important things to think about and do.

Already in 2010, I know that I am far too young to die. However, I also now realise that I’m also not too old to rock n’ roll either.

Take care

Pip xx

1 comment: