Tuesday 22 December 2009

An Alcoholic's Plea - Baclofen, Curing Our Alcoholism

After two weeks of abject terror and crap, I think that I should feel the need to say a lot. But, do you know, I just don’t.

There is an old Swedish proverb, and I’m sure that it looses something in my own particular translation, that says

“Please love me when I least deserve it. Because it is then that I really need you the most.”

What more can I say?

Well, there is one more thing.

Cream rises.

I know what I mean, and that is all that counts. To me.

It is selfish, I know. But alcoholism can be a most selfish disease.

It is awful, I know. But alcoholism can be a most awful disease.

Are we sometimes pathetic? Probably. I know, because alcoholism can be a most pathetic disease.

But that is no excuse for cream not to rise. Maybe, for some close to me, I have 'gone off'; perhaps I'm well beyond my 'sell by date'.

If so, that would be a shame. For them.

As they say, beauty is in the eye of the 'beer holder'.

I sincerely hope that that made sense.

Pip xx

4 comments:

  1. as usual. first to post here, will have a life soon, but I loved the swedish proverb, and yes the cream, best tasting part, rises to the top! and beauty is in the "beer holder"!! HA I thought that was just a tally thing, they say that on all the radio stations here, college town and all..........hope you are doing well Pip, and soooooooo happy you are fine physically, STOP it w/ the past sell date...........you are still young, not only 2 years older than me.....making me feel old just reading that, so STOP IT!!! MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you make me laugh Pip, you havent "gone off" or past your "sell by date" - and listen to MA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Trix

    I spend my life trying to make people laugh.

    That's really what I was sent here for.

    I can't remember a single joke. I just bounce off the moment. And, apparently, I'm as funny as ...

    You'd never think that, looking at me on my Vlog, would you? But I am.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck in a joke or a funny line every now and then - make us laugh.

    ReplyDelete