Tuesday 8 December 2009

Curing my own Alcoholism - Thank God for Evan

Before I bore at least three of you, I must first welcome Evan. Evan is someone I have never met, but I am sure I would like.

Why?

I might be totally wrong about this, after all, we don't know each other. However, I would bet most of the following adjectives apply to Evan

Kind, considerate, compassionate, intelligent, witty, funny, hard working, intuitive, giving, thoughtful, attentive, friendly, analytical, interesting, articulate

Evan is great because Evan encompasses everything that we need in this fight against alcoholism and why and how it happens to so mnay of us. If all of you were as outward looking as Evan, we would all be better off.

We have a selfish disease. You have to have it really understand what that means. It makes us see the World through our own very narrow perspective. Many seek help. Few realise that the best help for us comes through people just like us. Nobody else really gets us enough to do any significant good for us. Even those closest to us rarely get it properly.

So, few realise this, and even fewer put in all the hours and effort to help others.

That is why I applaud Evan. There are so few like Evan, that they must be cherished, treasured and nurtured.

We need lots and lots more Evans'. Why don't you become one? After all, I know for a fact that all the adjectives that I used about Evan almost certainly apply to all of you too.

So, no excuse then.

I thank God for all the Evans' out there. So should you.

In fact, that can be my Thought for Today.

Perfect.

May your God go with you.
Pip
xx

6 comments:

  1. love the growing following, Evan, you and Trix are a welcome bunch.................much love to you!!!! best of luck in your new adventure...........feelign physically much better, actually ate something, so must really watch my dose of this new bac.............xo MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Evan! Nice to see the "secret army" growing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, Phillip thank you! But you know damn well I'm just paying it forward!

    Yes, you're right. There are a lot of us out there. After losing my life and knowing that I was going to die, then suddenly offered a second chance by the grace of something divine, it's all that I can do to try and offer the same to as many people as I possibly can.

    It is definitely going to be a long hard road. I can think of no more worthy a pursuit for us with the knowledge that we have. We can do this, it will just take some time. -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way...wouldn't Sharon Osbourne, of all people, be interested in doing a show on Baclofen for alcoholism?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats a good point Evan, why not get your message out there via Shazza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evan, super outlook, love helping others and paying it forward (great movie, how it applies to all us, the bunch that we are!!) no wonder Phillip likes you so,(he seems a good judge of character) you have a great message, you will do fine..............best of luck! MA

    ReplyDelete