Wednesday 16 December 2009

Systems, bloody systems! Baclofen, Curing our Alcoholism

Not much of a TFTD today. If I wrote down my thoughts today, the air would be blue and this site would probably be taken off air.

There must be some total idiot somewhere whose soul job it is to fuck things up for us normal people. Some sort of systems analyst prat who has never done a proper day's work in his life, and wouldn't know one end of a waiting room or hospital laboratory from the other.

You guessed it, there has been a total mix up with my blood tests and scan. New systems, you see, and nobody seems to have a clue how they work or how to communicate with each other. I tell you, through these new systems, I going to have a heart attack or stroke. My GP couldn't get my bloods properly, even though he spoke to the lab personally. The most important one wasn't there. Then the scan request has to go through almost a damn committee of radiologists just to determine its priority. It can take a week just to get to the appointments office. They're now booking for late January / early February.

Well, not for bloody me, they're not. I'm having the scan as an emergency, and I'm having my bloods repeated tomorrow. I've had to kick and shout to get this. But I feel so much better for it. Why? Because I am back in control of what happens to me. I've beaten the system.

Bloody systems. Who needs them? I thought it worked pretty well before. But some loony has to justify their job by tinkering with it.

(I apologise to all systems analysts out there. I'm sure you're all highly skilled, highly motivated, highly caring, highly professional people. I just don't think too highly off you at the moment! It won't last. My rants never do!)

Pip xx

1 comment:

  1. you ARE going to be fine, positive energy, everyone here is giving it to you and sending it your way, hope and pray it all works out Pip!!!!!! MA

    ReplyDelete