Friday 18 December 2009

The Uninvited Guest - Baclofen, Curing Our Alcoholism

Hi everyone.

Sorry that there was no TFTD or Diary entry yesterday. I have explained why in the Diary.

To be honest, my thoughts have not been particularly constructive over the last 48 hours. A heady brew of shit scared, frustrated, anger with the medics, anger with myself.

So, today to make my job a little easier, and hopefully to give you a little treat, I have decided to give you all a little taste of The Uninvited Guest. This would have been the last chapter, but in the light of recent events, there is going to be a new one, which I am working on now. There are other parts of the book still to complete, but this new last chapter is being written contemporaneously, real time, as it were.

The chapter is called "Healing my Family". I feel that it is beholden upon us all to recognise the enormous disruption that we cause to those around us and try to put it right. This chapter provides my road map for that. I was doing so well at it until I ran out of Baclofen, and it has all gone terribly wrong since. But the principle still remains valid, and it may help others. With your help and support and starting this site, my head is finally beginning to get back to its previous state. After all, it is only a couple of weeks since I last had voices in my head telling me to kill myself. In fact, I had a tentative go at that on Sunday. Sorry to share that with you.

I have put the chapter on a hidden page of the site. The link is here. It is only available to you who come to TFTD. Please be honest with your views. I really hope that it resonates with you. If you lot don't get it, then I've had it!

http://www.baclofen4alcoholism.com/page47.html

Hope that made sense.

Pip xx

4 comments:

  1. of course, as usual, I cannot open it...............GRRRRR!!! Will just try to go to that site, but getting ready to go riding now.......in a bit, liking the way this site is going!! GREAT!!! MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still half way through, so many interruptions and things to do, I will make sure i finish it today, and post my thoughts.

    I hope you enjoyed your ride MA =) Maybe I could email it to you, and see if that works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read it. Was marvelously moving and hit home w/ me on so many levels, came from long line of alcoholics, dad verbally abused me so badly, talk about low self esteem, how about NO self esteem, just self loathing, then I became one, married one, thank god for loving friends and aa to bring me around to actualy liking myself!!! And mended my relationships w/ the kids! Finally, do to loving caring people, I finally gained the strength to get out of this horribly painful marriage!! Well done Pip, thanks, you are he gratest and a grand help to so many!! MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant greatest!!!! Me and my tired fingers, eyes and brain?!?! Typos, aaauuurrgh!!! MA

    ReplyDelete