Friday 11 December 2009

Hepatomegaly - the Sword of Damocles - Still Curing My Alcoholism. I hope in time

Hepatomegaly

Complicated word. Unfortunately, a very simple meaning.

"megaly" comes from "mega" - ie "big"
"hepato" simply means liver.

I've got a mega-liver. Sounds like a good thing, doesn't it?

It isn't.

Make sure that you don't get one.

My life's work from now on is to ensure that as many of you as I can, don't get a mega-liver.

And also for me to live. Thank God for Baclofen. Gives me a fighting chance.

Help me, and I will help you.

Pip
xx

4 comments:

  1. sorry for your pain and suffering Phillip, I cannot even tell you how badly I feel, hopefully it is fixable.............livers CAN regenerate, mine did after it was horribly lacerated in a car accident back in 82 or so...............miracles, and medicine and positive thoughts will find thier way to you, you deserve it all.............MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did you find this out Pip, was it when you werent feeling well and went to the hospital? I hope it can heal itself as Mary Anne said.

    You have much work to do in this field, I'm sure you'll be around for a while yet.

    And yeah, we will help you anyway we can, as you have been so much help to us, its the least we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Group hug for Phillip!!! What do you think guys?! He is the best and needs all our support right now! MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure thing, group hug - there ya go, how does that feel??? =)

    ReplyDelete