Saturday 5 December 2009

Curing my Alcoholism - it takes a brave woman ........

Two TFTD thoughts for the 'free price' of one today. Am I value for money or not?!

I've known lots of really great people in my time. I have been best mates with bods that are now Professors of Paediatrics; emminent lawyers; even a Law Lord.

I've tried to be one of them, but I'm just not up to it.

They are all so clever, so confident, so great with money, so 'bloody perfect'. Alpha males, with no self doubt. Fuckers!!!

I'm just not like that. And I'm not totally sure why.

I'm not thick, and I work hard. Well, I did once. I'm just not wired like they are.

How do people like us salvage ourselves?

In my opinion, it takes someone else to do it for us. Pathetic, I know, but it takes someone else. You can put in as much effort as you like, but you need someone else.

It doesn't matter who that someone is, but he / she must make you believe. In yourself. Find that person, and you WILL be 'cured'.

It takes a very brave woman to take me on. I'm not a bad person. Not at all, really. But I am an alcoholic. Like many of us, I often do lots of really good deeds elsewhere. Home gets the fat end of the shitty stick.

A brave woman is worth her weight in gold.

Why they do it anybody's guess. Why anybody would want me is anybody's guess. I wouldn't have me, so why should anybody else?

Brave women.

I love them.

Well, one, anyway.

Take care you lot
xx

8 comments:

  1. for what it is worth, call me daft for posting this here, but I am,and had always been extremely brave.........want to travel as I used to, do things I have not for almost 20 years..........sounds good to me............MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then do it

    Be brave

    Women are. Men aren't.

    A shitty fact of life, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "They are all so clever, so confident, so great with money, so 'bloody perfect'. Alpha males, with no self doubt. Fuckers!!!"

    Are they really perfect? I think if you look inside anyones life, you will find flaws and addictions. Do they have the perfect marrigage? A lot of woman marry men like this for the power and prestige, not to mention security.

    At least us that struggle in this world are evolving, a wonderful mentor of mine says "The harder the challenge, the sweeter the victory" I always remember this.

    I think those Alpha Males are preoccupied with power, they lack emotion, which is what woman love in men, (well I do anyway). My own husband is an Alpha male, standing strong in the face of adversity, but is he really that strong? He is addicted to more than alcohol, which shows me that he has fear and is not the pillar of strength that he appears to be.

    Anyway I'll get off my soapbox now. The TFTD really got me thinking today, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. maybe you are on to something there Trix.........I am stuck here at home, useless husband out drinking, probably getting laid....my car battery is dead, so cannot go to work, guess (if I can stay up, just took my melatonin, that usually knocks me out) I might seee SNL, Muse is playing, but I have it recording just the same............

    Dr.Phill, maybe spell check would be good here,
    i am not the besst tyoist, and make tons of typos..look and sound drunk and out of it most of the time..................looking into tickets to Netherlands in April, so I am breaking free..........MA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you MA, to steal Nike's slogan......Just do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have already been online, wish Australia was in the vicinity!!?? You know...........xo MA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its only 16 hours on a plane from your west coast to our east coast, then another 4 to Darwin. So then add on from from where you are, and we have a days travel, phew!!

    ReplyDelete