Tuesday 1 December 2009

A disease that dare not speak its name

I'm sat here at 2pm my time, with Rosie (one of my beautiful Yorkies) sat on my lap.

I don't know about you, but I have tried my very best throughout my life never to hurt anyone. But, because of booze, my life has been a road traffic accident.

Why are we treated even worse than drug addicts?

I don't get it, but we are.

If we can help each other to work that question out, then we will be well on our way.

There's nothing wrong with us. We are great. We just need to sort a few things .....

xx

6 comments:

  1. personally, I don't think we are bad people,we are mostly good people who just have/had a problem....most people like me, though I have been a fool at times when too drunk........am a little opinionated at times, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, everyone has one, some just stink (a bit cynical?) oh well.........I am envious, I would love a little puppie sitting on my lap right now, keeping me warm.........not even allowed to have my sweet cat in the house, as hubby hates her........???? MA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not one to give advice, but if he doesn't like your pet, he doesn't like you. And I should know ......

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh well..............he doesn't but what can I do now??MA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think most people believe that Alcoholism is not a disease but a weakness (on par with depression) - I know my mother does. I try not to judge people, although its hard at times, as we were raised to be judgemental. Most alcholics are wonderful people, just out of control when under the influence. It shits me, the way we are treated, like those people looking down their noses at us are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trixie is so right.
    Dogs get beter treatment from the public than we do.
    We are wonderful people, mostly. It is precisely our unique sensitivities that make us great .... and make us drink. Isn't that sad?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I agree too.................I just try to go to AA here, have not been for weeks, but there we all talk about what I said, we are good people w/ a problem..............most of them anyways?! MA

    ReplyDelete